TOP 3 CHEMICALS RECOMMENDED BY EXPERTS FOR MOSS REMOVAL
Cooling towers are one of the essential devices in manufacturing plants and factories. However, cooling towers often face issues with the growth of moss and algae on their surfaces. This not only affects the cooling efficiency of the towers but also reduces their lifespan and durability. Therefore, using moss removal chemicals is an effective solution to address this problem.
Why should you use moss removal chemicals for cooling towers?
Cooling towers are a crucial part of the industrial environment, especially in manufacturing plants. However, over time, moss can accumulate on the surfaces of cooling towers, causing problems such as reduced operational efficiency and increased repair and maintenance costs.
To tackle this issue, using moss removal chemicals is an effective measure and provides several benefits, such as:
- Moss and algae removal: Moss and algae can quickly grow inside cooling towers and cause clogged water pipes, which can impact the tower’s cooling efficiency. Using moss removal chemicals helps eliminate these types of algae and moss and reduces the risk of clogging.
- Ensuring cooling efficiency: Reducing algae and moss in the cooling tower helps enhance cooling efficiency. When water pipes are clear, water can circulate more easily, resulting in improved cooling performance.
- Cost savings: Using moss removal chemicals helps reduce clogging and improve cooling efficiency, resulting in energy and maintenance cost savings for the cooling tower. Regular cleaning and moss removal prolong the system’s lifespan and minimize the need for replacing damaged parts.
However, the use of chemicals needs to be carried out with caution to ensure safety for humans and the environment. Choosing the appropriate chemicals and adhering to safe chemical handling procedures are also essential.
Best moss removal chemicals available:
Currently, there are numerous moss removal chemicals available on the market for cooling towers. However, here are some considered to be the best:
- Cooling System Moss Remover – LTV C3010L
LTV C3010L is a moss removal chemical for cooling systems. The product is a liquid mixture of halogen oxidizing compounds. LTV C3010L has the ability to inhibit clogging caused by microorganisms in open cooling systems. Compared to chlorine-based products, LTV C3010L is less corrosive and performs effectively even with water sources having a pH greater than 9.
- Halogen oxidizing concentration: Minimum 10%
- Specific gravity: 1.18 – 1.22
- pH: 9 – 12
- Appearance: Colorless or straw yellow, liquid form
Advantages of the product:
- Environmentally friendly
- Effective over a wide pH range
- Low dosage requirement
- Optimized cost
- Easy control
When using the product, the technical department of the supplier will assist in determining the optimal dosage. Typically, the dosage of LTV C3010L is determined based on the water pH, system size, retention time, fouling tendencies, and halogen demand of the system. The dosing process can be controlled using an ORP controller or a meter.
- Algae and Moss Inhibitor – LTV C2250
LTV C2250 is one of the chemicals produced by Long Truong Vu and has the function of inhibiting algae and moss in cooling systems.
- Appearance: Liquid
- Packaging: 30kg can
- Composition: The active ingredients include Isothiazolones and Bronopol, mixed in appropriate ratios to achieve stable and maximum effectiveness.
- Inhibiting algae and moss in cooling systems
The frequency of adding chemicals to the system may vary depending on different conditions, typically twice a week.
- Treating moss and algae in cooling towers with LTV C2250 is not affected by water hardness, dissolved salt concentration, copolymer content, or the presenceof oil contaminants.
- LTV C2250 not only inhibits the growth of moss and algae but also helps control Legionella bacteria.
- LTV C2250 contains only biodegradable organic compounds and does not contain heavy metals.